Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 26 16:00:58 EDT 1999

John Travers <jtravs at debian.org> wrote:

i Has anybody tried the PyKDE/Qt package, (you don't have to have KDE), it is
> absoloutly fantastic, quick, easy, powerful, far far better than Tkinter.
> I love it!

So do I - I realize that it's currently a Unix only solution, but
that's maybe because no-one has forked out for the Windows license
of Qt! A few months ago I went through all the options myself,
and PyKDE was the most satisfactory, especially in terms
of pleasure in working with. It's now in version 0.8, and
pretty good:

http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/software/

is the place to get it.

--