Memory leaks

Phil Mayes nospam at bitbucket.com
Sun Jun 27 01:21:43 EDT 1999

Steven L. Kille wrote in message <7l35rf$dl3$1 at news3.infoave.net>...
>I'm embedding python in an MFC application.  When I close the application I
>get a bunch memory leak messages (16).  Im sure this is just memory
>allocated on startup and does not accumulate during the execution of my
>program so it's not big deal.  It's just kind of annoying, especially if
>your looking for memory leaks in your own program.  Does anyone know of any
>other function I need to call other than Py_Finalize() when closing down my
>app?  If I just place the following two lines in my InitInstance() function
>I get the memory leak messages:
>
>BOOL CFormulasApp::InitInstance()
>{
>
>  Py_Initialize();
>  Py_Finalize();
>return FALSE;
>}

I ran into this a while back, then discovered it was only in the debug
build, so I ignored it.  See if that's the case for you, too.  I forget
how I measured non-debug leaks - BoundsChecker, maybe.
--
Phil Mayes    pmayes AT olivebr DOT com
Check out our PalmPilot news page at http://www.olivebr.com/pilot/news.htm