BiBTeX module?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:33:04 EDT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:29:46 GMT, Frank Niessink <frankn=news at cs.vu.nl> wrote:
>Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote:
>> Is there a BiBTeX module for Python?

Having a look at the current programs available for editing and entering
BiBTeX files someone really ahs to write a good python/tk or
python/wxpython program for this task, too.

(sidebar: tkbibtex is not really good, and bibview-2.2, the old X11
program still seems to be the best, but hey old fashoined.)

>A collegue and myself hacked up a package (called Bridge) which enables
>you to generate BibTeX from SGML/XML (so it includes both a BibTeX SGML dtd
>and a BibTeX XML dtd) and vice versa

>The package itself is in a state of flux right now, but if you're
>interested I guess we can make it available nevertheless.
Make it available as free software, it sounds interesintg.

thanks,
	Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.         (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Funding/Promoting Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure (ffii.org)