Installing ODBC on PythonWin

Andrew Clover esuzm at primrose.csv.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 16:19:38 EDT 1999

eeghead84 at yahoo.com wrote:

> It is written that the ODBC module is included in the pythonwin
> distribution but >>>import ODBC says otherwise. I've d/e'd
> (downloaded/executed) Win32, but it died and said that it was looking
> for version 1.4!

 If you download the latest Python and Win32 from
http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html it should be fine.
You'll want to write "import dbi, odbc" though.

 Now for my problems.

 I've got an Access database accessed by Python scripts under CGI. However,
sometimes, calls to odbc.odbc(dsn) hang up and never return. (Eventually the
web server times out and kills the process.) This seems to happen randomly,
but increasingly. Does anyone have any idea why? A fault with the odbc
module, or Access, or what?

--
This posting was brought to you by And Clover.
(Sorry.)