Creating a new type with an extension module

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:25:24 EDT 1999

Is there any documentation anywhere on how to go about writing an
extension which implements a new type? The extending/embedding
tutorial give me, very quickly and painlessly, a module with
functions, but I could really do with them being object methods.
http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/newTypes.html is unhelpful
in the extreme -- do I have to resort to reading source?

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"