Bill Janssen janssen at parc.xerox.com
Fri Jun 25 15:37:14 EDT 1999

Hello!

I'd like to develop a "C" extension module for Python in C++.  When I
try this, it almost seems to work.  The problem I'm seeing is that the
initializers for static instances in my C++ code are not being run.
Does my module initialization code have to do something funky to make
this happen?  Or do I have to build the shared library in some special
way?  Any hints?

I'm using Sun's SparcWorks SunPro C++ 4.2, with Python 1.5, on Solaris
2.6, but could also use the same info for g++, if anyone knows it.

Thanks for any help!

Bill