do anonymous pipes normally work on NT?

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jun 18 19:44:12 EDT 1999

Bill Tutt wrote in message
<4D0A23B3F74DD111ACCD00805F31D8100DB90DEF at RED-MSG-50>...
>> From: Georg Mischler [mailto:schorsch at schorsch.com]
>
>> Do I need to swig this stuff myself? or...
>
>Nope, they already come pre-swigged.
>Download, load into VC++, tweak away so that it can find all of the
>necessary .h/.libs it needs and build away.

FWIW, I am now recommending that you place the Python directories on your
MSVC global include and lib paths (using View/Options/Directories).  This
makes it easier to change versions or locations of Python - simply change
the global settings once, and all the project still work.

This is the way I ship my project files - with no embedded Python etc
paths - as I can't possibly predict your system.  So setting these paths
globally also means you can update the sources without re-tweaking the
projects.

If there are wrinkles in this that I can iron out, let me know...  [although
longer term it may make sense to move to DA's compile.py tool, then I can
just ship a setup.in and the projects files are built locally.]

Mark.

Mark.