Why is tcl broken?

Fernando Mato Mira matomira at iname.com
Thu Jun 10 05:17:59 EDT 1999

Hello,

  I'm trying to collect a list of all the _current_ issues making tcl
a bad language choice. I'd like concrete examples, and not just
vague assertions that cannot be put porward honestly. I think
that as is usual in this newsgroups, there's going to be people that
actually know what they are talking about (and even better, experienced)

when referring to a language that is not their favorite.
  If you have references to articles of the sort, that will be useful,
too.
  Note that I've not listed comp.lang.tcl for increased productivity,
and to avoid starting a flame war. Hopefully some misconceptions
will be filtered down here, and _then_, the summary can be presented
in that newsgroup for their defense.

Thanks in advance,