KBHIT in a Windows Environment

Sam Schulenburg sams at quinta.com
Thu Jun 10 13:21:13 EDT 1999

In article <375f9a49.4431852 at netnews.worldnet.att.net>,
  NoSpam at SeeBelow.net (Robert Zimmerle) wrote:
> I am using Python 1.52 in a Windows 98 enviroment.  I
> recently tried using the kbhit() function in the msvcrt
> module.  It appears to work fine in the Python command
> line environment but not in the Pythonwin or IDLE
> enviroments.  Should kbhit() work in those enviroments?
> If not, is their an equivalent function that will?
> Thanks in advance.

I have had the same problem i ended up using the following format:
  try:
    main body of code here
  except KeyboardInterrupt:
    if cntrl C is hit this code gets executed

This works fine as long as you are working within a Python module. I
have code that calls a DLL, and if I am in the DLL when the Cntrl C is
hit Python will not execute the excepthon, although I get a message
that it saw the excepthon. ( This is a known problem)

Sam Schulenburg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/