BiBTeX module?

Frank Niessink frankn=news at cs.vu.nl
Wed Jun 16 17:29:46 EDT 1999

Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote:
> Is there a BiBTeX module for Python?  I did a search at python.org, but
> apart from a Perl module (ick!), I didn't find anything.

A collegue and myself hacked up a package (called Bridge) which enables
you to generate BibTeX from SGML/XML (so it includes both a BibTeX SGML dtd
and a BibTeX XML dtd) and vice versa and also has a web interface through
which you can search your bibfiles (using glimpse). See
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankn/bridge for an example.

The package itself is in a state of flux right now, but if you're
interested I guess we can make it available nevertheless.

Cheers, Frank

--
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying. There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies