It's just magic, and I hate it ...

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Jun 23 01:14:20 EDT 1999

[Charles G Waldman]
> Try running Python in unbuffered mode - with a "-u" commandline flag,
> or by setting the PYTHONUNUFFERED environment variable to a non-empty
> string.

[Mitchell Morris]
> Are you saying that this worked for you? Or was this a guess?
>
> I ask because it makes no difference when I try it.

Something like this popped up a while back, which made me <wink> write FAQ

4.87. Why doesn't closing sys.stdout (stdin, stderr) really close it?

This solved the problem for the person who had it then.  So read the FAQ and
try what it says.  If that doesn't work, I'll try to find the original
thread in DejaNews.

charles'-suggestion-was-worth-a-try-but-you're-getting-buffered-
    somewhere-else-ly y'rs  - tim