interactive-logging

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Jun 22 19:13:53 EDT 1999

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:22:50 +0100, Arne Mueller
<a.mueller at icrf.icnet.uk> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'd like to add some logging to the interpreter's interactive modus so
>that everything I type in and everything what's printed to the screen
>(errors and 'normal' output) is copied to a log-file.

[snip]

>Is there already something like this written? I've no idea how how the
>interactive modus works. For aprogram I've written that copies a
>file-object, say everything that goes to 'sys.stderr' is also written to
>a log-file, how to do that interactive modus?

I'm not sure how many of your desired features are in it, but try out
IPP (the Interactive Python Prompt) by Janko Hauser at
(http://starship.python.net/crew/jhauser/IPP.tgz).

>	thanks very much,
>
>	Arne

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |