Python 2.0

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Jun 1 15:06:08 EDT 1999

In article <87k8toqv70.fsf at ev.netlab.co.jp>,
Yukihiro Matsumoto  <matz at netlab.co.jp> wrote:

>Well, OK.  I understand now.  Now only thing I can say is, why do you
>emphasize so much on reclaiming object at the time you exepcted?
>Because of your C++ background?

In addition to Paul's excellent comments, if one is writing an
interactive process, one cannot afford the unpredictability of random
garbage collection.  Garbage collection could run in a thread, but then
one is restricted to environments where threads are well-supported.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

"NRE is a lot like cocaine. Feels great while you're on it, makes you
feel very special and talented, and you become highly annoying to those
who aren't on it."  -- Stef