GNU gettext and python

Dan Ohnesorg dan at feld.cvut.cz
Wed Jun 16 08:08:38 EDT 1999

I will internazionalize one application written python. My favoite
tool
is gettext. I have found some support for gettext, most recent in
py-gnome package. It works well but  only for simple strings like
"Hello
world". The the application uses multi-line string (it is listserv),
like
'''From: %s
To: %s

llll
kkkk
jjjj
'''

etc.

But I am not able to bring this strings into getext. The format of
.po
files does not expect string like this and when I use many single
line
strings, the application does not find the localized version of
messages.

Is here someone, who has solved this? Or has some sugestion?

Thanks
dan