BiBTeX module?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Sat Jun 19 19:37:12 EDT 1999

On 18 Jun 1999 16:58:49 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol <larsga at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>| I've also started such a project as free software.

>BTW: an XML version of BibTeX would be very useful.
What do you mean with XML version?

> People keep asking
>for it in XML/SGML newsgroups, and it just plain makes sense, since
>XML is much better suited for this sort of thing than TeX is.

I am not sure.
Somebody has to write a good DTD first and then
XML doesn't have TeX's typesetting capabilities.
Often I find myself using them to really typeset the References precisely.

If you want something like a .bib format in XML you might have to invent the
needed typesetting rules, too.

But, of course, if would be good, if the new program can handle different
Bibliographic databases.

	Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.         (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Funding/Promoting Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure (ffii.org)