Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Wed Jun 30 20:03:12 EDT 1999

"Alexander V. Voinov" wrote:

> I installed it on Red Hat 6.0. I failed to recompile it without Mesa, but
> even with it, it complains as follows:
>
> [avoinov at dhcp101 tests]$ python window.py
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "window.py", line 1, in ?
>     from FXPy import *
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/FXPy/__init__.py", line 1, in ?
>     from fox import *
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/FXPy/fox.py", line 2, in ?
>     import foxc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/FXPy/foxcmodule.so: undefined
> symbol: glXQueryExtension
>
> It happens both with Mesa-3.0 (Nov 98) and some Mesa-3.1beta, found in
> RedHat contrib.

Sorry, it was my fault. If you have Mesa installed it compiles out of box.

Cross-platform transparency is fantastic: I have two windows on the same
screen:
1. Native win32 FXPy example
2. The same run on a Linux box and displayed via eXceed.

The only differences I see and feel are cosmetical: the icons in the left
corner and the style of the default system font (medium/bold).

Alexander