int(long(-sys.maxint-1)) fails on Linux

olli at rhein-zeitung.de olli at rhein-zeitung.de
Thu Jul 22 08:34:33 EDT 1999

Hi,

I compiled the packages on my Mandrake 6.0 system and I am looking into this
myself. ;-)) Concerning the release I have to admin that I am a little bit
late, but a lot of work had to be done. But here is a road map for all
interested:

- I asked for a mailing list on starship python and received it. It is called
  python4linux and should be used to discuss issues concerning the packages we
  make
- I wrote a announcement and request for participation, cause I like to move
  the whole project to a group effort (more work, new girl friend, new side
  projects -> less time to maintain the thing myself ;-)
- I finished a new spec file that can build RedHat6, Mandrake6 and RedHat5
  packages with just one extra parameter during compilation

All this (after a weekend of testing is ready and available on Monday. The
Announcement will be posted tomorrow to c.l.p.a and the packages will be
uploaded on Monday. The web page has to be reworked, but this is left to a
later date.

Best regards,

    Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich, RZ-Online, Schlossstrasse Str. 42, D-56068 Koblenz
Telefon: +49-261-39210-40 Fax: -33 |       http://rhein-zeitung.de
                                   |            http://andrich.net
GMC d- s++:++ a- C++ UL++++ P-- L+++ E--- W++ N+ w-- O- M--
V- PS++ PE Y+ PGP+ t 5+ X R+ tv+ b++ DI++ D- G e h- r z+