Harlequin Is Back!

Cameron Laird claird at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Fri Jul 16 13:32:41 EDT 1999

In article <378E57D8.A77A9F9C at nmia.o_r_g>,
David Hanley  <fsnm at nmia.o_r_g> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>> scene.  This is interesting; Tcl and Lua emphasize ease
>> of embedding and extensibility in their design, and Perl
>> has hordes of interfacing worker bees, but a consistent
>> pattern emerges that Python does at least as well as any
>> other language in achieving connection to the latest
>> toolkits-protocols-...  It's an interesting story, even
>> though I don't yet understand it.
>
>Hmmm, maybe the right approach is to get lisp to talk
>to python, then, eh?
>
>dave

I suspect you are cheerfully mocking the extremes such an
approach might reach.  In any case, the reality is that
serious programmers find such extremes useful!  With Tcl,
for example, the pressure to do solid COM interfaces has
largely dissipated because of the availability of Robin
Becker's Python server, which supplies these and other
connections.  Coincidentally, I report today on several
related projects of cross-language co-operation in <URL:
http://www.sunworld.com/swol-07-1999/swol-07-regex.html#2>.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX