python to perl conversion?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Jul 20 00:21:09 EDT 1999

Hi All--

David Young wrote:

> Is there a program that converts Python source to Perl source?  There is
> a program that a client wants written in Perl so that their Perl-only
> programmers (can you imagine?) can hack on it later. I haven't the time or
> inclination to learn Perl, and this project fairly cries out for Python,
> but I cannot justify the time expense of translating from Python to Perl
> by hand.

Oooh, yuck!  We've had requests for Perl-to-Python before, but never for
this.  (Gag me with a Perl-handled spoon.)

There isn't one.  Are you volunteering?  Because I think you're the only
one who is interested.  At least you know your market, anyway. ...

> --
> ``I always thought that anybody who told me I couldn't live in the
> past was trying to get me to forget something that if I remembered
> it would get them in serious trouble.'' --Utah Philips

<by-god-that's-moose-turd-pie!>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70