Case mismatch on NT

Hoon Yoon hyoon at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 14 13:39:22 EDT 1999

Hi,

 I realize that this has been discussed before. And you might think the
solution is  os.environ["PYTHONCASEOK"] = "hotdog" but try this one.
 There is dialog.py sitting in pythonwin/.../mfc directory and Dialog.py
in lib-tk directory. If I have both directory in my Pythonpath, I cannot
call the one sitting at the second directory with out encountering the
dreaded "Case Mismatch" error.
 I feel that "Case Mismatch" should only occur after all directories has
been searched to find the 'right' case import. Not after finding the
first non-matching one. Is there a way to set environ to do what I want?
 If not, can anyone tell me how to get around this prob or tell me if
what I am proposing makes sense or not?

S. Hoon Yoon (Quant) Merrill Lynch Equity Trading,
yelled at yahoo.com hoon at bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Mauldin