File Upload in cgi

Sim & Golda Zacks simngolda at voyager.net
Thu Jul 15 00:21:52 EDT 1999

Code posted below
I am trying to upload a file to my cgi-script and I seem to be failing
miserably. In my html page the item is of input type file and I select a
file and hit submit and when I access it with the FieldStorage() and
then print it it says it's not a file. I am basically copyng the example
in the cgi module documentation.  it prints out
MiniFieldStorage('picture',
'C:\\TEMP\\WebPage\\baby3.gif')
and then it prints not a file. The file isn't on the server either. Can
someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

import cgi

def main():
        print "Content-type: text/html"
        print
        print "Testing what happens for a picture"
        form=cgi.FieldStorage()
        pic=form["picture"]
        print pic
        if pic.file: