Recursive method

Ralph Gauges ralph.gauges at eml.villa-bosch.de
Wed Jul 14 01:34:07 EDT 1999

Hans Nowak wrote:
> You have a nested function here. (I say function, because it does not
> look like a method... it's missing the self argument!

Actualy it is a method, but JPython doesn't seem to have a
self. I was missing that as well.

> So, to solve this, you could try a different approach... maybe
>
> (you said it's a method, right?)
>
> class Blahblah:
>     def makeTree(self):
>     def makenodes(self, C):

I tried that as well, but I got the same error message. Only
after I moved the makenodes outside the class it worked.
This might also be related to the missing 'self' in JPython
since I can not call 'self.makenodes'.
Since moving makenodes out of the class is actualy not what
I want, I was wondering, if anybody has had a similar
problem and found a solution.

Thanks for the answers. Although it is still not, what I
want it to be, it works and I can go on, till I (or someone
else) find a better solution.

Ralph