Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

lvirden at cas.org lvirden at cas.org
Fri Jul 2 07:56:10 EDT 1999

According to Mikael Lyngvig <mikael at pobox.com>:
:Well, TkInter is extremely slow, but not because of the Python part.
:Even the Tk widget tour, included with Tk, is so slow that you almost
:think "Please, draw the next character - you can do it." whenever a
:window with some text needs to be redrawn.

When I run the Tk test suite  on my SPARC, Tk cranks thru creating and
deleting windows as fast as the eye can track.

However, there are reports that the Windows version of Tk, because of its
use of the native window widgets, is noticably slower than the X
implementation.  Is that the platform to which you refer?

--
<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>