passing data to Fortran in Python

Travis Oliphant olipt at mayo.edu
Thu Jul 29 05:44:22 EDT 1999

There are two solutions that I know of.  This month two programs were
released that can autogenerate C-extension modules to call (fairly)
arbitrary Fortran code.  In no particular order they are.

PyFort by Paul Dubois
  ftp://ftp-icf.llnl.gov/pub/python/dubois {pyfort.tar, pyfort.pdf}

f2py  by  Pearu Peterson
  http://koer.ioc.ee/~pearu/python/f2py/ {f2py.py}

   This is version 0.61 to get version 0.71 (what I use) you need to check
    it out from the CVS server.  Pearu can help you, there.

You should look at the matrix-sig archives for the month of July to see
posts regarding them.

- Travis