Debugging embedded pgm under WinNT

krodgers at tdyryan.com krodgers at tdyryan.com
Fri Jul 2 14:40:16 EDT 1999

From: krodgers at tdyryan.com

I have Python 1.5.2 embedded in an application on WinNT (4.0, SP4) using
Visual C++ 6.0 SP2.  When I compile the project in Debug mode, even
though it links correctly to the python15_d.lib file, it won't run
because it complains about "can't find python15_d.dll".  So I got the
source, compiled the python15_d.dll, put it in WINNT/system32 right next
to python15.dll, ran my program . . . and now it couldn't find
"multiarray" (my embedded Python code uses the Numeric extensions).  I
verified that sys.path was correct and included the Numeric directories.
Do I have to build the Numeric extensions under Debug mode?  Anybody
seen something like this before?  Thanks in advance . . .
Kevin Rodgers  krodgers at tdyryan.com  kmrodgers at my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/