Python and Boehm-Demers GC, I have code.

Neil Schemenauer nascheme at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jul 16 21:25:20 EDT 1999

Neil Schemenauer <nascheme at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>I have to fix up modules which use other mallocs (readline and
>_tkinter for sure).  Guido, will a patch be accepted which
>changes Python code to use Py_Mem_* instead of the libc names
>where approprate?  I will have to go through the extension
>modules and fix them by hand.

It seems that most of the Python code was already using the
PyMem_* functions.  I only had to fix a few things.  The garbage
collecting version is still as fast as the regular version.  I
think readline, zlib, and _tkinter are all working okay now too.
The patch is at:

	http://www.ucalgary.ca/~nascheme/python/gc-python.patch