Stackless & String-processing

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Fri Jul 16 21:25:26 EDT 1999

[Neel Krishnaswami]
> I found a nice description of this in a paper called "Monadic Parser
> Combinators" by Graham Hutton and Erik Meijer. Its URL is:
>    http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/Department/Staff/gmh/monparsing.ps

[Graham Matthews]
> Yes this is a nice place to start. Another nice place to look is in
> the Clean documentation. Somewhere in their docs (I think in the old
> book) there is a Clean implementation of combinators (without all the
> "do" notation).

A nice paper on Clean parsing combinators can be downloaded as item 5 from
the "Case Studies" list at

    http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/

Interestingly enough, the next paper on the list ("An Interpreter") declines
to use  combinators for its parsing task, instead building a conventional
"by hand" recursive descent parser.

another-two-years-and-they'll-discover-lex/yacc<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim