python to perl conversion?

John Jensen jjens at primenet.com
Tue Jul 20 09:21:30 EDT 1999

David Young <dyoung at pobox.com> wrote:
: Is there a program that converts Python source to Perl source?  There is
: a program that a client wants written in Perl so that their Perl-only
: programmers (can you imagine?) can hack on it later. I haven't the time or
: inclination to learn Perl, and this project fairly cries out for Python,
: but I cannot justify the time expense of translating from Python to Perl
: by hand.

I think I lean towards Python for beauty, but Perl does have its role in
commerce:

	http://www.robojob.com/lang.html

It might be good to know both, to use the one you prefer on projects you
control, but to use the other when the client specifies.

John