Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Travis Oliphant olipt at mayo.edu
Fri Jul 2 00:16:00 EDT 1999

This has been a very interesting discussion on GUI's.

It struck me that all this talk of a cross-platform GUI might be
preventing a lot of very good GUI's from being used.

So, I looked in to PyGtk and PyGnome (with its Gnome Canvas) and I'm
impressed.  Right now it fits what I want to do very well and it works on
systems with an X server (aren't X servers available for MAC's and
Windows?)  So, I'm happy with it. If you're in the same situation you
might like it too.  I tend to agree that there is plenty of room for more
than one GUI.

Travis Oliphant