Curses, Ncurses, Slang, etc?

Eric Kidd Eric.Kidd at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Sat Jul 3 07:15:50 EDT 1999

From: Eric Kidd <eric.kidd at pobox.com>

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 06:14:02PM +0000, olli at rhein-zeitung.de wrote:
> I can only tell you that the ncurses module I wrote works for me on my
> RedHat 6 and Mandrake 6 systems. What problems do you have?

Nothing dramatic. I just need to set VERSION=1.5 and do something about
Setup.in:

  cp ./Setup.in Setup
  cp: ./Setup.in: No such file or directory
  make[1]: *** [Setup] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory `...'
  make: *** [boot] Error 2

But I'm writing an end-user application and I didn't want to require anyone
to edit Makefiles.

> If support and so on is an issue, then I would use the slang bindings at
> the moment.

Slang bindings would be wonderful. Is there such a thing for Python, and if
so, where does it live?

Many thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Eric