Stackless & String-processing

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Wed Jul 21 12:27:16 EDT 1999

Hi friends,

My understanding of this thread is limited and reduces
to the following sketch:

Graham Matthews wrote:
> [Fernando Pereira] [arguing]
> [Tim Peters] [digging in]
[Graham] [ elaborating ]
> [Tim Peters] [syntax mixed with sematix]
[Graham] [ elaborating ]
> Tim Peters [insists]
[Graham] [ combinatores are robust, is Tim theorising? ]
> Tim Peters [ papers, not tried ]
[Graham] [ made a point, Tim is theorising ]
> Tim Peters [ combinators as assembly language ]
[Graham, now at Hutton/Meijer and the old CLean book]

can't see an end of this and would like to understand more.

I believe this thread would not have evolved if I had not
begun the Stackless Python / continuation/coroutine/generator
talk. Now I'm asking to excuse my limited understanding.

Besides my person, I think there are more interested readers
who would be happy to know what you are talking about at all.
I may assume that you would use private email if this
is not your intent. Also I'm sure that we'll see its
relevance for Python, soon.

Can you please be all a little more concrete?
How would your patterns look in Python?
Please show some small example code pieces.

This would also be valuable input for my implementation,
and would give me more reason to finish it at all.

gimme-a-reason-to-read-then-I'll-give-you-a-reason-to-write - ly y'rs

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net