Two Pythons talking to each other?

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Wed Jul 7 18:04:23 EDT 1999

Hello,

I am currently experimenting with networking and want to write some
games (where, obviously, two players compete over a network). Now I
want to test my programs offline. One way would be to start two
separate Python sessions (on the same machine), both running the same
game program, and let them somehow talk to each other like they would
over a network. But, what would be a good way to do this? I was
thinking about passing strings (commands etc) to a file, but two
programs cannot read from and write to the same file at the same
time. Does someone have any ideas about how to do this?

TIA,

--Hans Nowak (ivnowa at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon