Printable Python reference

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Jul 22 21:01:15 EDT 1999

Nick Taylor <ntaylor at newbridge.com> writes:

> I decided to take a look at Python today for the first time, and it
> sounds very interesting.

It is!

> Does anyone know of a printable (i.e. PDF,
> PostScript, or plain-text) reference out there?

Try ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/doc . You'll find PS, PDF, and
LaTeX documents. They're packaged as .tar.gz archives, though, which
might be a problem if you run Windoze. Maybe there are ZIP versions
somewhere.

By the way, once you get through or around the tutorial, the Library
reference is probably the one you'll use most.

Best of luck w/ Python.

Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA