Incompatibility.py

Colin J. Williams cjw at connection.com
Tue Jul 27 09:01:23 EDT 1999

Mark,

I enter IDLE, from the W95 Desktop, with the Target set to IDLE.py
and the Start In set to the working directory.  Similarly, for PythonWin,
the Target is PythonWin.exe.  The results are as reported below.

At one time one could set breakpoints in IDLE, this capability was lost
in some later download.

I applaud the Tim Peters suggestion in this thread.  It would also be nice
if the IDLE line number were displayed, as is done in PythonWin.

Thanks,

Colin W.