pow()

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Wed Jul 21 16:33:36 EDT 1999

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> I couldn't find an explanation for the three-argument version of
> pow() on DejaNews, the Python 1.5.2 docs or the Python FAQ, so I'll
> ask now.
>
> Can someone explain (in simple terms, for a bear of small brain) to
> me what the modulo argument to __pow__ is for?
>
>  __pow__(self,other[,modulo])

It's for the number of points on the stars that revolve around your
head. bam() needs no such arg, because birdies all have exactly 2
wings. socko() is no longer supported; which is probably why
Universal Studios dropped out of the Python Consortium.

leaving-a-bunch-of-looney-tunes-behind-ly y'rs

- Gordon