Python Performance

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Thu Jul 29 10:07:06 EDT 1999

    Markus> There is PyStone (comes along with distribution) and PyBench
    Markus> (which I haven't tried). I myself use a performance testing
    Markus> framework and ton of small examples to judge whether things
    Markus> speed up or not.

PyStone, while stable, is not a very complete test of Python's capabilities.
PyBench is useful, though it does a lot of repetitious operations and would
be easy prey for a little variable lifetime analysis.  Markus, if you have a
test suite you use and would be willing to release to others, I would
encourage you to do so.

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-475-3758