ImportError: Unresolved symbol

Nikolas Kauer kauer at pheno.physics.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:55:07 EDT 1999

Fredrik and Marc, thanks for your replies!
I added 'SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /local/shlib' to Apache's httpd.conf.
Problem occurs in exactly the same way ...
I then looked at all environment variables and figured that only
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and _RLD_ARGS=-ignore_unresolved could potentially
be involved.  So next try with
PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH _RLD_ARGS
in httpd.conf

Success!  Error disappears ...
Problem: Python scripts that use some functions of the DateTime module don't work.
They do work on Linux, so Fredrik seems to be right that timegm is missing on
Digital Unix.

Attempt to build mxDateTime.so without timegm by commenting out the appropriate line
in the Setup file in subdir mxDateTime.  (The DU C compiler fails like before, but
gcc does the job.)  Put new mxDateTime.so in place and try again ...

Success!  Everything is working fine, now.

Again, thanks for your help.