Need feedback on Tkinter project.

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed Jul 21 16:40:14 EDT 1999

[ I posted this last night, but it hasn't appeared in the
newsgroup. I'm wondering if my newsreader is just hiding my own
posts. Anyway, I apologize if this appears twice. ]

Greetings, Pythoneers--

I would like your comments on a project of mine.

What I've done so far is a game -- a Tkinter-based solitaire game
called Pegboard which more-or-less works and can be enjoyed as is, if
you're into that sort of thing.

But what I'm really after is to use the game as the basis of a Tkinter
tutorial. I don't mean for it to be all-inclusive or to replace
Frederik Lundh's excellent work, but it does cover some points that
Lundh doesn't cover in any depth (or at least, hadn't gotten around to
last I knew), particularly the Canvas and Menu widgets.

Your comments on the code itself are most welcome, but I'm especially
interested in your comments on my comments -- and docstrings -- and
places that should have comments/docstrings but don't. That will help
me understand what to write when I begin the actual tutorial.

Pegboard is available (in .tar.gz and .zip packages) from:

	http://www.havenrock.com/softlab/pegboard/index.html

By the way, you need to have the tkFont module.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA
mgushee at havenrock.com