Stackless & String-processing

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Fri Jul 23 10:24:16 EDT 1999

[Tim]
: > If it isn't clear yet <wink>, efficiency isn't driving Graham
: > here.  He's found a cool new approach, and is having fun with it.
[Graham Matthews]
: > Efficiency drives all my programs *when it's a necessity*.
[Tim]
: Ack, I'm speaking English here.  If efficiency isn't your *primary* concern,
: then efficiency isn't "driving" you.  Dictionary.  Look up.

No Tim I suggest you look up the dictionary. The dictionary definition of
"driven" does not preclude one being driven by more than one concern (and
indeed driven by more than one concern each of equal importance). For
example I am driven by efficiency, correctness,  and expressiveness in
roughly equal importance. So efficiency is driving me. Perhaps the motto
here is that he who lives by the dictionary shall die by the dictionary.

At this point I am signing off this thread. It is no longer remotely
relevant to the group. I refer all questions about combinators to
Tim, who, although he has never written a combinator based parser,
appears to know everything about them. Oh and he can look up words in
dictionary too, although perhaps not understand the definition he finds.

graham

--
               Black velvet in that little boy's smile
                 Black velvet and a soft southern sky