Python microthreads

Will Ware wware-nospam at world.std.com
Sat Jul 31 23:36:47 EDT 1999

I have been interested in using Python to program simulated
swarms of interacting agents. For this purpose, I have implemented
what I call "microthreads" in Python, modifying Python's virtual
machine, and maintaining a frame stack for each thread. I have
successfully run 1500 threads simultaneously. Source code and some
example usages are available at
ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/wware/uthread.tgz
for anybody interested in this. This is a pre-pre-thinking-about-
alpha-some-day release, and probably buggy, but the examples run
as expected.