ANN: Stackless Python 0.3

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Tue Jul 13 04:21:13 EDT 1999

Michael Hudson wrote:

> Christian Tismer <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com> writes:
>
> > ANNOUNCING:
> >
> >                Stackless Python 0.3
> >            A Python Implementation Which
> >              Does Not Use The C Stack
> >
> > What is it?
> > A plugin-replacement for core Python.
> > It should run any program which runs under Python 1.5.2 .
> > But it does not need space on the C stack.
> >

> Very nice, but

Ouchh!

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> SystemError: error return without exception set
> [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
>
> apply isn't totally hosed; it works for Python functions (I think) but
> not for builtins.

Does apply_orig behave well?

> This causes lots of make test to fail, though not test_builtin,
> helpfully.
>
> I've had a poke through the source, but don't have the time just now
> to delve into its inner workings. I'll trace it with gdb sometime.

Thank you, I will look into it soon.
I should run all the tests, and not only pystone before I deliver.

> PS: To get it to compile I had to remove "static" from in front of
>     PyFrame_FiniChainFunc * PyFrame_FiniChain = NULL;
> in Objects/frameobject.c.

Gaah! Again! I also should not use MS VC++ but GCC I think.

thanks a lot - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net