Meta-language for mxTextTools

Tony J. Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 07:43:03 EDT 1999

I am aiming to use Marc-André Lemburg's mxTextTools package for an
application in my (hah!) spare time. Being me, the first thing I've set out
to do is to provide the missing meta-language so that I can avoid typing in
the tag tables as "bare" tuples.

What I've done so far is to produce an alpha version of the meta-language
documentation, which can be found at

    http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/mxtext/metalang.html

Translations of the examples from the mxTextTools distribution are also
supplied.

I still have to actually *implement* the thing (I expect to do this with
mxTextTools itself, with appropriate hand-bootstrapping), but since I'm
about to go off on holiday for a couple of weeks, it seems worth
"publishing" my thoughts so far and getting any comments.

Note that I am *not* claiming that this is a particularly sophisticated
animal, nor that it is necessarily the best beast that could be dreamt of -
just that it is something I can work with and should be easy to implement.

--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
Feet first with 5 wheels...