[Q] Type checking...go further...

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Mon Jul 19 12:15:57 EDT 1999

Olivier Deckmyn (olivier.deckmyn at mail.dotcom.fr) wrote:
: Thank you all for your answers !
: I finally use isinstance in the methods of my classes...
:
: But to go further, is there a way in python to have typed methods parameters
: ?
: aka :

No there is no way. You cannot statically check types in Python. You
must use dynamic check as per "isinstance".

graham

--
            The girls is all salty, the boys is all sweet,
                      the food ain't too shabby