newbie namespace question

Chris Green sprout at dok.org
Tue Jul 27 21:31:37 EDT 1999

aahz at netcom.com (Aahz Maruch) writes:

> >Ok. Excuse the bad example but when select_clist is called, how can I
> >access the previous self so that I can use self.grok_data().
>
> If m_clist.connect() is *not* passing "self" to select_clist(), I don't
> think there's anything you can do.

Thanks - I figured out ( and messed up my followup to c.l.p ) the name
space rules of how functions don't share the name space as global of
their enclosing functions.

the proper solution for me seems to move everything into another
class, or use a global in the timecalc class.

I found the answer on page 147 of programming python once I got home.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Green <sprout at dok.org> <grapeape at uab.edu>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.