int(long(-sys.maxint-1)) fails on Linux

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Jul 24 01:11:11 EDT 1999

[Tim]
> Check out this link:
>     [xxx]
> Arguably the best book on assembler programming ever written!
> The chapters on x86 addressing modes and LEA will chase the dark
> clouds away.

[Skip Montanaro]
> Does the timbot have any other interesting URLs squirrelled away in its
> large backside cache?

Yes:  http://www.python.org.

Other than that, I don't save URLs -- links break too often for a bot to
waste cycles updating.  Search engines are humans' friends too!  Although
they're fickle.  A better link for that book is the author's own server, at

     http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/

or-at-least-likely-there-for-the-next-10-minutes<0.9-wink>-ly y'rs  - tim