VIM and block jumping

Angus MacKay amackay at starvision.com
Mon Jul 5 21:27:28 EDT 1999

I am not looking for indentation but just code navigation.

when code uses identifiers for blocks (such as "()" in lisp, "{}" is
most sane languages, "#if/#endif" for C preproc ...) vim can navigate
blocks very easily (with [{/]} for "{}", [#/]# for "#if/#endif" ...)

with python this becomes harder. is there any way to do it? (I think
I could write a function for it but I thought I'd see if it had
already been done)

cheers, Angus.