Python re module

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Wed Jul 14 21:46:59 EDT 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:20:43 GMT, catlee at my-deja.com <catlee at my-deja.com> wrote:
>Ok, that makes sense.  Two questions: where can I get the latest
>version of PCRE and how can I tell (from python) what version of PCRE I
>am using?

Two negative answers; you can't upgrade PCRE easily, because various
Python-specific patches need to be made to it.  I have an alpha
release of a module based on a more recent version of PCRE, but it's
very early work.  Also, there isn't a way to tell what version of PCRE
you have; simply referring to the version of Python is sufficient,
because it's only going to change with new Python releases.

    "Yes, but who do you work for?"
    "Work for? I don't work *for* anybody; I'm just having fun."
    -- Rigg and the Doctor, in "Nightmare of Eden"