Python and Paradox

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Thu Jul 8 18:36:52 EDT 1999

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <7m2mrj$hes$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Kaine  <kaine_the_bloody at my-deja.com> wrote:
> >
> >I am looking for a way to access Paradox tables from Python without
> >using ODBC. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Nope, from an ex-Paradox tech support engineer.

Why nope? What is the platform? If it's win16, the direct wrapping is possible.

For DOS, there are several independent ports of Python to djgpp, and there is a
recipe, how to call functions from a real-mode DOS library. But this is definitely
for those, who likes to make sure they are true hackers.

Alexander