Installing Python/XML on Windows?

Darrell news at dorb.com
Thu Jul 1 15:14:38 EDT 1999

Check the doc for the details but in short.
Use site.pth which for me on windows is in my python directory.
It looks something like this.

d:/python/site-packages
d:/python/site-packages/other
d:/python/site-packages/Aycock
d:/python/site-packages/kj

In this same vein I use this to avoid adding each one of these to my system
path.

#!/usr/bin/env python
"""
The .py you want to run is in the python path but not
in your shell path.

I know everyone but me already has this problem solved
in a better way than this. If so please show me the way.

Assuming this is runIt.py then
runIt.py someScript.py arg1 arg2
"""
import sys
import imp

fp, pathname, description = imp.find_module(sys.argv[1])
sys.argv=sys.argv[2:]
md=imp.load_module('__main__', fp, pathname, description)

--
--Darrell
news:377bab1c at news.depaul.edu...