Problem with informixdb and python1.5.2

Thomas Bryan Thomas.Bryan at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Sat Jul 3 01:34:19 EDT 1999

From: Thomas Bryan <tbryan at arlut.utexas.edu>

Ken Liu wrote:

> I've been using the informixdb module (version 1.2a1) with python1.5.1 for a
> while now with no problems.  Just a few days ago we installed python1.5.2,
> and now informixdb won't work any more.  when I attempt to construct a
> Connection object, I get an error about "unable to get name of current
> working directory."  Here's a log of my interaction with the interpreter

Do you now have both python 1.5.1 and python1.5.2 installed?

> which does not make any sense.  Our Informix setup has not changed for the
> last few months, and the informixdb modules continues to work great
> under python1.5.1.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong?

informixdb might be getting confused about which Python
version/libraries it should be using.  I'm not sure how to
determine whether that's the problem, but I know that others
have had problems with various packages when they have two
versions of Python installed at the same time.

Have you tried recompiling informixdb with the 1.5.2 header files?
I don't think that too much has changed between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, but
it couldn't hurt to try.